Tuesday, May 20, 2008

powerful words...

as i'm wrestling with acts 20, i find it interesting and difficult to read paul's words:

32"Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. 33I have not coveted anyone's silver or gold or clothing. 34You yourselves know that these hands of mine have supplied my own needs and the needs of my companions. 35In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

makes me wonder about my habits in coveting, work ethic, and discipline in giving. not that i think that i'm really bad at any of these, but am i exceptional at any one of them? not coveting, having the best work ethic, and giving as much as i truly could. 

powerful words paul...you don't even blink! 

i want to be like this man.

1 comment:

stephsharpe said...

Why do we hold ourselves back? God needs to be glorified in everything we do, why do we lack?
Paul is amazing!!! but not as much as my Savior Jesus Christ, oh yeah