Monday, June 2, 2008

ah...selflessness.

as of late, many of my conversations have been occurring around the word 'selfless.' fun to talk about, difficult to act upon, unmistakable when you see it...selfless.

these are the people that make impacts in life. the ones that understood that they gave up their rights when they came to Christ. i find myself wanting to hold on to some of my rights; the ones that i truly enjoy the most. not to selfless of me. the areas that God asks me to sacrifice in are often the areas where it hurts the most; the areas where i have most to lose. i've never seen it any other way - maybe it's just me.

outside of Christ and His sacrifice on the cross...

what's the most selfless action you've ever seen?

why was it so selfless?

what's holding you back from following in those foot steps?

here's one of my favorite verses of all time - a call to selflessness:

1 peter 2:21To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey p.dave. just wanted to see how ur doing. i miss u :(

hope everythings going well.

i love u

Anonymous said...

its quite difficult for me to think of a selfless act...(bad one!) I've been focusing on how selfish we are...and why that hinders us from doing what God wants..So to think of something selfless..is a different focus. interesting. I'll keep thinking.
thanks.