Monday, November 24, 2008

to compassion and action...


tonight i read about compassion...luke 7. it's always incredible to read that Jesus cares and then he shows you how. he not only sees needs, he works to meet them.

lots to learn here. we can pray, which is good. but faith is a verb. something that needs to be placed into action. 

we can offer God to people and they may even choose to follow him, but that does not change their situation, whatever it may be. 

for example, a hungry person trusts in God and we pray. they will still be hungry right afterwards.

an illiterate person begins to follow God, they still can't read.

a person suffering from illness confesses Christ, they are still ill.

help me understand...what is the role of those who call themselves Christ followers?

how far are we to go? what are we supposed to do?

i know we are to pray. but then what? what does one do next?

help me out. 

1 comment:

stephsharpe said...

I don't know... I have that same problem, if your calling it a problem for yourself. I know prayer is good, but I've never felt that that was enough for me to do. I know you read through Acts and it says that the disciples and apostles prayed and fellowshipped and they were there for each other, so wouldn't that mean they actually did something for the needs of others in the group?