Thursday, November 20, 2008

to learning...

so it's been about 7 months since i began my current role at my job...i've learned a lot.

needless to say, with that learning comes responsibility and opportunity. one of which i will be executing tomorrow. 

it has to do with addressing fellow personnel and talking with them about the hard stuff; evaluation, reflection, suggestions, and then sometimes, it means letting the wrong folks go in order to get the right folks in.

"it's not you, it's me" doesn't work in this arena.

needless to say, i'm learning and i'm sure that i will keep learning. the best teacher, "on the job training."

what's the greatest lesson/principle that you've learned in 2008?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.....well, I'm sure I've learned a lot...I just can't remember it all right now, lol.
But getting married has certainly been a learning experience. I've been learning how to compromise...how to care for someone else more than myself...and how to clean a bathroom! I never knew!

Rey De Armas said...

I've learned much this year. The greatest thing I learned today: No where in the Bible does it say obedience is optional.

Obedience and trust have been a big challenge this year. When I obey, I see God bless. When I disobey, I see the consequences.

stephsharpe said...

"Experience is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before the lesson"
I've learned many things, one is that when God says to give everything to Him, He means everything, even the things you really don't want to give up.

alexita said...

God does everything for a reason. I might not like what happens, but I have learned to trust that God is at work, and to have faith.

:)

Anonymous said...

hmm i think the biggest lesson ive learned this year has been to just let God control everything that happens in life..and to remember that there's nothing i can do. all i CAN DO is follow, and He'll be there to pick me up when im down.. and He has. every time.